Volunteers are an important part of youthSpark’s impact. We rely on volunteers to help us meet our mission while keeping expenses low. We offer a range of volunteer opportunities to meet different skill sets and hours of availability—from serving exploited youth, to preparing holiday meals, to helping with research studies, to engineering software, and more!
Our goal is to partner with committed volunteers who want to use their talents and interests to advance youthSpark’s mission. We like for all new volunteers to attend one of our Ambassador & Volunteer Orientation Seminars, which we offer periodically. During these seminars you will learn about the real-world issues youthSpark addresses and how you can make a difference, either through volunteerism or advocacy. Please note that some volunteer positions require additional training and background checks.
There are many ways to volunteer at youthSpark, but we are always looking for dedicated individuals to work in the following areas:
- Greeting youth and assisting case managers in the Youth Services Center
- Collecting and entering quantitative research data
- Fulfilling one of our youth’s wish list needs.
- Organizing a group of volunteers to provide meals for youth during holidays and summers
- Conducting policy analysis and research
- Leading onsite programs for youth so they can engage in enriching, prosocial activities (yoga, creative writing, financial literacy, etc.)
- Providing technical skills (marketing expertise, web/software development, etc.) on a project basis in order to enhance capacity
- We also offer internship opportunities for students (rising high school senior, college, and grad students)
To see a list of our current volunteer opportunities, including upcoming orientation sessions, please visit our volunteer events listing. Please keep in mind that many of our opportunities require volunteers to attend an orientation session beforehand.
We’re excited to work with you! Please tell us a little about yourself and how you are interested in volunteering, and we will reply to you promptly.
Have more questions?
If you have an idea for a volunteer project that you’re just not sure about, let’s get in touch to discuss it further! Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.